Varied areas preferably with good vegetation and water, primarily in Northern Europe and North America, but distributed worldwide.
Females: 200-360 kg
Males: 380-700 kg
1.4 – 2.1 meters
Number of Calves
Did you know…
- In moose, only the male, or bull, has antlers.
- The bull sheds its antlers every year to grow an even larger and more impressive set the following year.
- The bull has a flap of skin under its chin that indicates dominance and is used to scent-mark cows by rubbing it against them during the mating season.
- Moose are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath underwater for several minutes.
- While moose are fond of water, there are other reasons why they spend extended periods in the water. During the summer, the majority of their food comes from the bottom of bodies of water, such as aquatic plants and algae.
- Knuthenborg’s moose reside in the Dyrehaven alongside the bison herd.
- Moose are masters of camouflage, so keep your eyes open when driving through the enclosure.
- They are often found near the lake or at the edge of the forest.
Meet the moose in the Dyrehaven.