Terms and Conditions
Valid from November 10, 2020
These terms and conditions apply to purchases made by consumers in the webshop on our website https://knuthenborg.dk/.
We recommend that you read the terms and conditions carefully before shopping on the webshop. You must pay special attention to any text that is highlighted and in italics.
- Knuthenborg Safaripark (Hippotigris ApS), Knuthenborg Allé 2, 4930 Maribo tel.: +45 54 78 80 89 CVR no. 47 24 68 14, email@example.com (“Knuthenborg Safaripark”, “we” or “us”).
Entering into agreements
- You must be 18 years of age to purchase Knuthenborg Safaripark’s services online.
- You can place orders online 24 hours a day.
- When you place an order, we will send you an order confirmation via e-mail. Please note that we are not bound by the order until this time.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of the customer information you enter as part of a purchase, as we do not subsequently validate or verify this information.
Payment and security
- The current price is the one that is stated in the overall summary of the order at the time of ordering before you accept. All stated prices include VAT. Access to the zoo (the English Garden) is VAT-exempt. Access to the attractions and services that are subject to VAT can always be deselected in connection with the purchase of tickets for the English Garden on our website.
- We accept the following methods of payment: Dankort, Visa, MasterCard and JCB Card.
- The amount will only be deducted from your card once the purchase has been made. No amount greater than what you have approved at the time of purchase can be deducted.
- Credit card transactions are carried out on a separately-secured server with full encryption of all credit card information. We use Quickpay Manager. This service meets all the requirements for PBS-secure payment.
- All tickets purchased online will be delivered to the provided e-mail address shortly after we receive your order – usually within 10 minutes. If this does not happen, please feel free to contact us – please check your spam folder first. Knuthenborg Safaripark does not accept responsibility for delays in delivery due to technical problems, your own spam filter or an incorrectly provided e-mail address.
- Season Passes and Family Passes are also delivered by post within approx. 14 weekdays. Knuthenborg Safaripark is not responsible for any delays with third parties.
Right of cancellation
- You usually have a 14-day right of cancellation when you enter into agreements online. However, most of Knuthenborg Safaripark’s services which you can buy online are exempt from the right of cancellation, cf. the Danish Consumer Protection Act, Section 18(2), Nos. 1 and 12.
- You therefore only have the right of cancellation when you buy the following from our website: Open tickets (i.e. non-dated online tickets), Season Passes and Family Passes.
- If you have the right of cancellation, you have the right to cancel the agreement without reason within 14 days from receipt of the order confirmation. However, you will lose your right of cancellation if we have already delivered your ordered service, e.g. if you have used your non-dated online ticket or used your Season Pass or Family Pass.
- NOTE: If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation for a Season Pass or Family Pass, you must notify us within 14 days of ordering it. When you receive your physical Season Pass or Family Pass, you must send it back to us immediately if you have exercised your right of cancellation. We do not reimburse delivery costs or costs that we have had for the actual preparation of your Season Pass or Family Pass. If you use your Season Pass or Family Pass within 14 days of ordering it, you must agree to waive your right of cancellation.
- In order to exercise your right of cancellation, you must notify us of your decision to cancel this agreement in an unequivocal statement (e.g. by post or e-mail). You can send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can choose to use the standard cancellation form, found at the bottom of this document, which is not a requirement.
- The cancellation deadline is met if you send your notice of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you exercise your right of cancellation, we will refund all payments received from you, except delivery costs and costs associated with the creation of your Season Pass or Family Pass, without undue delay and in any case within 14 days from the date we receive notification of your decision to cancel this agreement or from the date we receive your Season Pass or Family Pass. We will send reimbursements to the same payment method used for the initial transaction unless we have expressly agreed otherwise with you. In any case, you will not be subject to any fees as a result of such a reimbursement.
- We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received returned cards.
- Online tickets grant admission to Knuthenborg Safaripark during normal opening hours and can be used once per ticket, at any time.
- Non-refundable (except in accordance with the above rules on the right of cancellation) and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotional offers.
- Open tickets (i.e. non-dated tickets) can only be used 2 hours after purchase and are only valid for the season and period stated on the ticket.
- Open tickets (i.e. non-dated tickets) grant admission to the entire Knuthenborg Safaripark incl. Limpopoland.
- Tickets with access for several people cannot be used over several days, and no vouchers will be issued if one of the participants is prevented from attending on the day.
- Holders of season tickets at one of Knuthenborg’s partners (DAZA gardens, BonBon-Land, etc.) receive a discount on admission, but this ONLY applies to purchases at the gate (not on the webshop). It is not possible to have a discount deducted on arrival if you have already bought a ticket on our webshop.
- NOTE: Online tickets cannot be used for access to the safari park in connection with stays in Knuthenborg Camp safari tents. You cannot get a discount on the admission price in connection with staying in Knuthenborg Camp safari tents, even if you have online tickets.
Season Passes and Family Passes
- You can read about Season Passes and Family Passes at https://knuthenborg.dk/en/prices-and-opening-hours/benefits-of-season-and-family-passes/
- Non-refundable (except in accordance with the above rules on the right of cancellation) and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotional offers.
- Cards are personal and can/may not be handed over to others.
- The validity of the pass is stated on the pass.
- The pass must have a clear portrait photo (not full figure) of the pass-holder which is uploaded when ordering.
- Only the pass-holder can be in the photo.
- If you are scanning a physical photo, it should be cropped before uploading to avoid lots of white space around it.
- The photo on the pass is not approved by Knuthenborg Safaripark until your first visit to the safari park. If the photo does not meet the requirements for quality, size and recognisability indicated on https://knuthenborg.dk/en/terms-and-conditions/, or if other information is not filled in correctly, the pass will be confiscated at the gate.
- The responsibility of not damaging the pass so that the text, photo or QR code is unclear, lies with the pass-holder.
- The pass-holder must have the pass with them (either the physical pass or temporary pass, printed or on a smartphone/tablet) during the entire visit.
- The pass must be presented on request.
- In the event of non-compliance with Knuthenborg’s guidelines, which are stated in this letter, on knuthenborg.dk and in the safety material provided during the visit, the pass may be confiscated definitively without compensation.
- Unless otherwise stated, a Season Pass/Family Pass does not give you discounts in connection with booking any special experiences/events, even if these may include entry to the safari park.
- Knuthenborg Safaripark’s season typically runs from April to and including Sunday of week 42.
- NOTE: Season Passes and Family Passes cannot be used to enter the safari park in connection with staying in Knuthenborg Camp safari tents. You will therefore not receive a discount on the admission price in connection with staying in Knuthenborg Camp safari tents, even if you have a Season Pass or Family Pass.
Specifically for the Family Pass
- The Family Pass can ONLY be purchased online
- The Family Pass is valid for one season. The pass is not valid for any winter openings at the safari park from November to February.
- The pass-holder must be in the same car as the people (up to 4 people) they want to take into the safari park.
- The Family Pass can only be used once per day.
- The Family Pass offers no benefits for use with our partners, other zoos or amusement parks.
- The Family Pass discounts cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions at Knuthenborg Safaripark.
Specifically for the Season Pass
- The Season Pass is valid for one season and only the ordinary season between April and October. The pass is not valid for any winter openings at the safari park from November to February.
- Provides a number of benefits and discounts at Knuthenborg Safaripark and with our partners. See the benefits here >
- If you have bought a day ticket for the safari park, you can upgrade this to a Season Pass on the day against payment of the difference between the ticket and the price of the Season Pass. The amount which will be deducted is the amount you paid on entry. In connection with discount schemes that include a subsequent partial refund, e.g. COOP bonus, the amount that is deducted from the Season Pass price will be the price of the day ticket minus the bonus amount. Refunds/purchases of Season Passes on the day must always be made at Information in Limpopoland.
- The Season Pass is valid 1 hour after it has been ordered on knuthenborg.dk and can be used 1 hour after it has been purchased as an entrance ticket to Knuthenborg Safaripark (during the season).
- If you wish to use the Season Pass with one of the partners mentioned at https://knuthenborg.dk/en/prices-and-opening-hours/benefits-of-season-and-family-passes/, this can only be done by showing the physical Season Pass, which will be sent within approx. 14 days. The temporary Season Pass can therefore only be used at Knuthenborg Safaripark. It is not possible to collect your Season Pass from Knuthenborg Safaripark.
- The Season Pass discounts cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions at Knuthenborg Safaripark or with our partners.
- We reserve the right to make changes to discounts, benefits and the selection of partners with whom the pass can be used.
- 14 days before the expiry of your Season Pass, an e-mail will be sent to you with a reminder.
- You cannot extend your Season Pass. If you want a new Season Pass when your Season Pass expires, you must order a new one, which is valid from the date you order it.
Specifically for issued the Annual Pass
- Annual passes bought before October 19th 2020 gives you access to Knuthenborg Safaripark in the ordinary season between April and October within the period of validity printed on the pass.
- Within the period of validity printed in the pass, the Annual Pass provides a number og benefits and discounts at Knuthenborg Safaripark and with our partners. See the benefits here.
- If you wish to use the Annual Pass with one of the partners mentioned at https://knuthenborg.dk/en/prices-and-opening-hours/benefits-of-season-and-family-passes/, this can only be done by showing the physical Annual Pass.
- The Annual Pass discounts cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions at Knuthenborg Safaripark or with our partners.
- 14 days before the expiry of your Annual Pass, an e-mail will be sent to you with a reminder if you entered your email-address when you ordered your pass.
- You cannot extend your Annual Pass.
Say Goodmorning and tickets for special events
- You can read about Say Goodmorgning and tickets for special events at https://knuthenborg.dk/en/stay-overnight/.
- They are non-refundable and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- Only valid on the date you select.
Knuthenborg Camp safari tents
- You can read about Knuthenborg Camp safari tents at https://knuthenborg.dk/en/stay-overnight/.
- Please check that your booking is correct.
- You must present your ticket on arrival, either printed or on a smartphone/tablet
- Limpopoland is Knuthenborg Safaripark’s huge amusement area, with Denmark’s highest water slide, roller coaster, a water playground, Denmark’s largest adventure playground, restaurants and a café. Admission to this is part of the price of Knuthenborg Camp.
- Knuthenborg Camp is located in the middle of Knuthenborg Safaripark, and admission to the safari park is included in the price of the accommodation.
- NOTE: Online tickets, Season Passes and Family Passes cannot be used to enter the safari park in connection with staying in Knuthenborg Camp safari tents. You cannot get a discount on the admission price in connection with staying in Knuthenborg Camp safari tents, even if you have online tickets, Season Passes or Family Passes.
- Cancellation terms:
- Cancellations can be made free of charge up to 21 days before your scheduled arrival.
- If you cancel 7 days before arrival, a fee of 30% of the price will be charged.
- If you cancel later than 7 days before arrival, or in case of a no-show, no compensation will be offered.
- Cancellations or changes can be made by contacting email@example.com or by phone on +45 54 78 80 89 (press 2) on weekdays from 9–15.
- We reserve the right to cancel in the event of extreme weather, where we assess that there may be a danger to the safety of overnight guests. If Knuthenborg cancels a stay due to extreme weather, the full amount will be refunded.
- We inform you that not all animals can be seen on the savannah in case of, for instance, low temperatures, extreme weather or acute circumstances among the animals. This does not entitle you to a reduction in the price of the stay.
Congo Splash and Kampala Express
- You can read about Congo Splash and Kampala Express at https://knuthenborg.dk/en/limpopoland-2/.
- Entry to Congo Splash and Kampala at Knuthenborg Safaripark is included in the admission price. Admission to these activities is subject to VAT, cf. the relevant provisions of the VAT Act, and is stated on admission tickets and invoices as a “subject to VAT”. It is possible to deselect admission to these activities. This can be done in the following way for practical reasons: Via e-mail to Information at Knuthenborg Safaripark in connection with ticket purchases online, or in connection with personal service when buying tickets at the park. Reimbursement of amounts as a result of deselecting admission to the activities mentioned above takes place via personal contact with Information inside the park. Reimbursements can only be made after ticket sales have endorsed the entrance ticket or on presentation of an e-mail confirmation received from Knuthenborg Safaripark.
- Non-refundable and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- You can read about Safari School at https://knuthenborg.dk/skoletjenesten/.
- We reserve the right to cancel any group in case of too few registrations.
Personal data and cookies
- You provide personal data when you shop at https://knuthenborg.dk/en/tickets/, and where you can subscribe to the newsletter.
- You can send us complaints to Knuthenborg Safaripark, Knuthenborg Allé 2, 4930 Maribo, firstname.lastname@example.org or by tel .: +45 54 78 80 89.
- You can also complain to the Danish Dispute Resolution Centre, Toldboden 2, DK-8800 Viborg. You can complain to the Danish Dispute Resolution Centre via www.naevneneshus.dk. You can also complain via the European Commission’s online complaint portal. This is particularly relevant if you are a consumer residing in another EU country. Complaints can be submitted here – ec.europa.eu/odr.
Choice of law
- These e-commerce conditions and any agreement regarding purchases from us are subject to Danish law, with the exception of Danish choice of law rules and CISG.
Annexes: Standard cancellation form
(this form should only be completed and returned if the right of cancellation is being exercised)
To Knuthenborg Safaripark (Hippotigris ApS), Knuthenborg Allé 2, DK-4930 Maribo, email@example.com:
I/we (*) hereby announce that I/we (*) wish to exercise the right of cancellation in connection with my/our (*) purchase agreement for the following goods (*)/provision of the following services (*)
Ordered on (*)/received on (*):
Consumer name (Consumers’ names):
Consumer address (Consumers’ addresses):
Consumer signature (Consumers’ signatures) (only if the contents of the form are communicated on paper) ______________________
(*) Delete where not applicable